The post 25 people injured after stage barricade collapses at Bumbershoot Festival appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
More than two dozen people were injured after a stage barricade collapsed at Seattle’s Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival on Saturday.
The incident occurred during Jai Wolf’s performance. “As soon as I walked on the stage tonight, one of the steel barricades separating the crowd and the stage collapsed due to the crowd pushing and jumping on the hill,” the electronic music producer said in a statement. “I cut the music because I noticed members of the audience had fallen on top of each other. Before we could continue the show, we had to assess any potential injuries.”
Festival organizers said “those injured were handled by on-site medical teams and further treatment continued at an area hospital as deemed necessary.” Four people were hospitalized and treated for minor injuries.
- Trent Reznor acknowledges contribution to "Old Town Road" after CMA Awards nomination
- Tool announce North American tour
- R.I.P. Gordon Bressack, Pinky and the Brain writer dead at 68
- Kevin Hart injured after car crashes in Malibu Hills [Updated]
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Bear Grylls rescued by medics after near-fatal bee sting