We can’t say we necessarily saw this trend coming, but now that it’s here we have to admit we love it. We’re talking about fisherman sandals, of course, the strappy shoe silhouette that’s been flooding our Instagram feeds and popping up in the late summer, early fall collections of all our favorite brands. As you may have guessed from their name, the 2021 version of fisherman sandals are inspired by the shoes worn by fishers for centuries.
While they’re still a wonderfully practical option if you plan to head out for a fishing or boat adventure, we love them most when worn with a flowy midi dress or raw-hem jeans for dinner with friends or weekend errand running. Here, 22 pairs of fisherman sandals to scoop up before they sell out.
1. Everlane The Fisherman Sandal
2. Freda Salvador Sera Fisherman Sandals
The top strap is positioned a little lower on this Freda Salvador pair, which helps elongate the leg rather than cut it off at the ankle.
3. Anthropologie Braided Fisherman Sandals
Yes, fisherman sandals can look glam—case in point, these gorgeous gold stunners.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Landen Sandals
We can’t get enough of this summery grass-green hue for a more subtle hint of color.
5. ASOS DESIGN Marina leather fisherman flat shoes
You can wear this classic design with jeans, slip dresses or even a trendy skort if you like.
6. Emme Parsons Ernest Leather Sandals
We love the look of a sleek black fisherman sandal worn with a light gray suit for casual Fridays at the office.
7. Teva Dorado Sandals
Yes, these waterproof sandals are excellent for outdoor adventures, but they’ll work just as well with a floaty midi dress for Sunday brunch with the gals.
8. Bernardo Sasha Fisherman Sandals
For those who prefer heels to flats, try this lug-sole variation with a comfy block heel.
9. ASOS DESIGN Jen premium leather fisherman espadrilles
Lines of silver studs add a little rock-and-roll touch to this boho sandal.
10. Marni Embellished Strappy Sandals
A supremely comfortable, supportive sole plus a bit of glitz and glam is the ultimate dream combo in our book.
11. Duckfeet Ringkobing Leather Sandals
We love this earthy hue that’s not quite red and not quite brown, but a Goldilocks hue right in the middle.
12. Intentionally Blank Haddie Fisherman Flatform Sandals
A patent finish gives this flatform an elevated appeal.
13. Jeffrey Campbell Arminius Slingback Fisherman Sandals
Balance the chunky look of this Jeffrey Campbell pair with a floaty tent dress or ‘90s slip.
14. Rockport Cobb Hill Lacy Fisherman Sandals
Most fisherman sandals have a somewhat masculine vibe, but the intricate weaving and curves at the toe of this pair give it a distinctly feminine feel.
15. Anthropologie Fisherman Sport Sandals
Close knit straps over the front of the foot make it easier to transition these sandals from summer to fall.
16. The Row Fisherman Flat Leather Sandals
Even Mary Kate and Ashely Olsen are in on the trend.
17. ASOS DESIGN Monika fisherman flat shoes
Be sure to stick a few wipes in your bag to address any scuffs or marks ASAP while you’re out and about.
18. Minda Living Helen Woven Leather Sandals
A more minimalist, low-key take on our new favorite silhouette.
19. Hereu Pesca Cutout Leather Sandals
These creamy white shoes are handmade by artisans in Spain using locally sourced leather.
20. Silent D Oggy Fisherman Sandals
We adore this blush pink hue, but they also come in black if you prefer.
21. Punto Pigro Platform Fisherman Sandal
The supple leather straps will only get more and more comfortable over time.
22. Lower Fisherman Sandals
These sculptural shoes are made-to-order to cut down on waste and environmental impact.
PureWow may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was created independently from PureWow's editorial and sales departments.