We don’t mean to rush 2019 out the door or anything… but with so much quality TV coming in 2020, can you really blame us?
Now that we’ve concluded our in-depth Year in Review, which reflected on the good, bad and ugly of 2019 television, it’s time to look ahead to the next 12 months — and it would seem that we’ll need to clear some serious space on our DVRs.
More from TVLine
- The TVLine-Up: What's Returning, New and Leaving the Week of Jan. 5
- Outlander Season 5 Trailer: The Frasers Make Their Stand (and Might Just Spark the American Revolution?!)
- Outlander's Jamie Cuddles Someone Who's Not Claire -- 2020 FIRST LOOK
In the attached gallery, you’ll find 25 shows that we can’t wait to watch in 2020, from freshman entries like The CW’s Katy Keene to returning favorites that have been off the air for way too long. (We’ve missed you, Fargo!)
We’ve also included series that will leave us once and for all next year, such as Pop TV gem Schitt’s Creek and Netflix’s The Ranch. Plus, there’s room for the new seasons of several anthology shows, including American Crime Story and The Haunting, while adaptations like Hulu’s Little Fires Everywhere also made our list.
It’s worth noting that not every show in our gallery has announced a precise 2020 premiere date just yet, but we’ve included the most up-to-date scheduling details for each project on our list.
Scroll through the attached gallery — or click here for direct access — to see the 25 series we’re most excited about in 2020, then drop a comment with the shows you can’t wait to see.
Launch Gallery: TV Shows We're Excited For in 2020
Best of TVLine
- New on Netflix in January 2020
- 15 Series Finales From 2019, Graded
- 2019 in Review: Quotes of the Year!