The 2020 American Music Awards will air Sunday, Nov. 22 on ABC, but details including whether the show will be an in-person or virtual event, and who will host, are to be determined.
Additional details regarding the production will be announced at a later date.
More from Deadline
- Valence Media's Amanda Powers Named Dick Clark Productions COO
- Valence Media Bosses On Today's Cuts At Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Vibe, Dick Clark Productions & MRC - Read The Memo
- Sunday Night Football Ratings Surge As San Francisco Decimates Green Bay, AMAs Holds Steady - Update
The broadcast date was announced today by ABC and dick clark productions. According to the announcement, the broadcast “will bring fans together with surprising musical performances and celebrate the artists who make it happen.”
The American Music Awards honors artists in various genres including Pop/Rock, Alternative Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Adult Contemporary, Contemporary Inspirational, Latin, EDM and Soundtrack. In addition, the awards honor a New Artist of the Year, Collaboration of the Year, Video of the Year, Favorite Song and Artist of the Year.
Last year’s event was hosted hosted by Ciara, with Taylor Swift named Artist of the Decade. The broadcast grew over the prior year’s broadcast in Total Viewers (6.7 million) and delivered ABC’s biggest entertainment audience in Adults 18-49 on any Sunday night since The Academy Awards nine months earlier. The 2020 American Music Awards is produced by dick clark productions.
The 2020 American Music Awards will air Sunday, Nov. 22, 8-11 pm ET on ABC.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto