Not every TV show will find a gift under our Year in Review tree — especially not the 10 series that were very bad this year.
Having already shown our appreciation for 2019’s best dramas and comedies, we’re turning our attention to the shows best left unwatched. And it’s quite a mixed bag: In the attached gallery, we’ve added comedies, dramas and unscripted series to our naughty list, which includes a three-way tie for first (or is it last?) place.
More from TVLine
- DWTS Still Has a Popularity Problem (and the Judges' Save Didn't Fix It)
- Final Monday Ratings: Bluff City Law Flat With Finale, 9-1-1 Tops Night
- Dancing With the Stars Finale Recap: Did the Right Couple Win Season 28?
Though our list is mostly comprised of rookie series, we’ve also handed lumps of coal to some primetime veterans, which returned this year with frustratingly subpar seasons. (Who hurt you, Fear the Walking Dead?)
But not all bad shows are created equal. From the icky storylines on Almost Family to the sheer pointlessness of The Hills: New Beginnings to the Sean Spicer of Dancing With the Stars, all of these series were disappointing in their own ways.
Scroll through the attached gallery — or click here for direct access — to see our picks for the worst TV of the year, then drop a comment with your own lists.
Coming up next in TVLine’s Year in Review: Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Funniest Moments, Sexiest Scenes, Performances of the Year, Scenes We Wish We Could Unsee and much more!
Launch Gallery: The 10 Worst Shows of 2019
Best of TVLine
- 2019 in Review: The 20 Funniest TV Moments of the Year
- 2019 in Review: The 25 Character Deaths That Just About Killed Us
- 2019 in Review: The 10 Best Comedies