Busy Philipps is extraordinary at a lot of things.
The Cougar Town alum, who now appears in HBO’s Vice Principals, is a great actress, having had a career since the late ’90s. She’s a masterful cake baker. When it comes to doing Elf on the Shelf, just step aside. And she’s a good friend — as bestie Michelle Williams can attest.
All that said, Philipps, 37, seems pretty down-to-earth. She shops for her daughters at Target, the inside of her purse is a science project, her home renovations took longer than expected, her car is a disaster area, and, well, let’s take a look…
- She shops at Target. A lot.
2. She doesn’t stage her kids’ first day of school pictures so that they are perfect.
3. Sometimes her goal is to just not drop food on her sleeping daughter’s head.
4. Her home renovations had her like…
5. Her house gets messy.
6. Including the bedroom.
7. So does her purse.
8. Let’s not even get into how messy her car is.
10. Sometimes she fails at simple household chores.
11. Sometimes she has to wage war against rodents.
12. Her kids get cavities.
13. They take forks from the house and hide them in the car. (Though that could have been her.)
14. They barf in her expensive shoes.
15. She doesn’t pretend she’s always red carpet-ready.
16. She doesn’t pretend that her workouts don’t kick her butt.
17. Or that she is immune from average things — like bug bites.
18. In fact, bugs find her very tasty.
19. Even her throwbacks keep it real. Tell us this isn’t an excellent depiction of a person’s freshman year at college.
20. And this is just so ’80s it needs some kind of Day-Glo photo treatment.
Thank heavens for celebrities like her.