Directed by Kid Art, the dark and moody clip opens with an ominous scene in which 2 Chainz descends the steps of a fancy hotel where most of the employees and patrons seem to be possessed by some undead spirit. That’s about as far as the video goes, plot-wise, but the rest of the clip keeps up that introductory vibe as 2 Chainz and Future perform the track in a caravan of hearses.
More from Rolling Stone
- Hear 2 Chainz and Future Team Up on 'Dead Man Walking'
- Drake and Future Have Fashioned Themselves as Blissful Blue Collar Blokes on 'Life Is Good'
- Future, Drake Showcase 'Life is Good' Working Odd Jobs in New Video
“Dead Man Walking” marks 2 Chainz’s first song of 2020, although the rapper first teased the track last summer in an attempt to end speculation that he and Future were feuding. “This song I’m droppin’ #DEADMANWALKING a celebration for the streets,” he said at the time. “2 hustlas who made it out the mud w/o hating on each other.”
Last year, 2 Chainz released a new album, Rap or Go to the League, which was executive produced by NBA star LeBron James and featured appearances from Kendrick Lamar, Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, Lil Wayne, Young Thug, Ty Dolla $ign and more.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.