Maybe it’s the quarantine. Or the extreme heat. The incendiary political climate certainly has not helped. Whatever the reason, we find ourselves really longing for Summer TV of yesteryear — those warm-weather guilty pleasures (or just plain pleasures) that were the perfect tonic to the dog days.
Since we can’t bring our favorite obsessions back from the dead, we at TVLine did the next best thing: We compiled a gallery highlighting the 15 summertime staples we are missing the most right now.
More from TVLine
- Teen Wolf Reunion Live Stream: Watch Tyler Posey, Dylan O'Brien and More Relive the Series' Biggest Moments
- HBO Is Streaming for Free The Wire, Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Others
- Sex and the City's Lynn Cohen, Who Played Magda, Dead at 86
Note: To be eligible for inclusion in this gallery, a show did not have to have aired every single episode during the summer months. But it did have to be strongly associated with vacation season, either because it frequently launched a new season in late May, June, July or August, or because its scheduling typically fell in or around those scorching months.
With that said, we invite you to pour yourself a glass of Rose and peruse the gallery above — or click here for direct access. And if we neglected to include your favorite small-screen summer pastime, hit the comments with a “Beach, please… you forgot so-and-so!”
Launch Gallery: 15 Summer Shows We <i>Really</i> Miss
Best of TVLine
- TV Streaming Service Guide: Disney+, Netflix, Peacock, Hulu and 60+ Other Options — What Are Your 'Must Haves'?
- TV's One-Hit Wonders: Pitch, Bunheads, Baker and the Beauty, Forever and 40+ More Shows That Ended Too Soon
- The Top TV Theme Songs of All Time: 1990s Edition