If you’re anything like us, there’s a big reason you look forward to the holidays: They give you a chance to catch up on television.
You know that list of shows you’ve been adding to all year long, promising your friends that you’ll definitely check out [insert show title here] once you get a chance? Well, the final days of December are the perfect time to make good on those assurances, as the holidays typically mean less work and more downtime.
More from TVLine
- 2019 in Review: Scene Stealers from Succession, The Mandalorian, Evil, Watchmen, mixed-ish and More
- Quotes of the Week: The Morning Show, Empire, NCIS, Watchmen and More
- Should Survivor Snuff Nullifiers? Was Mr. Robot Dream-y? Did Good Times Dis J.J.? Gods' Worst Exit? And More Qs!
To that end, we’ve compiled a list of 10 series from 2019 that you can easily binge during these much-anticipated lazy days, ranging from laugh-a-minute comedies like The Other Two to gritty dramas like Watchmen.
All of the shows in the attached gallery only span one season (so far), to keep your binges easy and breezy; you won’t find any five-season slogs here, and all of our recommendations have fairly low episode counts.
Having said that, we did exclude a few acclaimed series from 2019 that we felt are simply not easy to watch in just one or two sittings. Netflix’s Unbelievable and HBO’s Chernobyl, for example, are both excellent shows… but their heavy subject matter and emotional narratives aren’t exactly suitable for a day-long binge.
Scroll through the attached gallery — or click here for direct access — to view our holiday binge guide, then drop a comment with the shows you plan to catch up on before the new year.
Launch Gallery: 10 Best Shows to Binge (2019)
Best of TVLine
- 15 Series Finales From 2019, Graded
- 2019 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
- 2019 in Review: The 15 Coolest Scenes