This Hollywood A-lister's moving and revealing speech at last night's Golden Globes turned out to be one of the most talked about moments of the show. Here are five things you probably don't know about actress/director/producer Jodie Foster.
1. Began her career at age 3 appearing in several commercials -- most notably for the sunblock company Coppertone -- and made her first credited TV appearance on The Doris Day Show in 1969.
2. Has had a lifelong fear of cats after being attacked and briefly carried by a lion while filming on the set of Disney's Napoleon and Samantha in 1972.
3. Was cast as Clarice Starling in The Silence of the Lambs after Michelle Pfeiffer turned down the role.
4. Became fluent in French after graduating from a French-language prep school in Los Angeles. In college, she earned a B.A. degree in literature from Yale University.
5. Has a Mars-crossing asteroid named after her -- "17744 Jodiefoster."