It looks like Food Network isn't accepting Paula Deen's apology. In the wake of the 66-year-old celebrity chef's racial slur scandal, a spokeswoman for the network released a statement on Friday, June 21, announcing that she's been fired.
"Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," a Food Network spokeswoman said in a statement to Us Weekly.
Deen came under fire after admitting last month under oath in a deposition to using racial slurs -- including the N-word -- in the past. After bailing last minute from a scheduled appearance on the TODAY show on Friday to address the scandal, Deen released two video apologies on YouTube.
"I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press say that we are. I've spent the best of 24 years to help myself and others. Your color of skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me," she said in the second, less rambling message. "I am here to say that I am so sorry. I was wrong, yes. I've worked hard and I've made some mistakes. But that is no excuse."
Deen offered her "sincere apology" and said it "comes from the deepest part of my heart."
The Emmy-winning star began working for the Food Network in 1999.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Paula Deen Fired by Food Network; Contract Not Renewed