It was the cut seen around the world—well, at least the Twitter world. When style maven Nicole Richie tweeted a picture of her new shoulder-length haircut, fans gasped, then gushed. Here, celeb stylist Jenny Cho shares her best tips on how to style a "chop" like Richie's.
1. Shampoo and condition hair.
2. If your hair has some natural wave and texture, blow dry hair so that it's only halfway dry, using fingers for a more natural look.
3. If you need some help with the wave, blow dry hair completely and wrap 1- to 2-inch sections of hair around a curling iron (alternating each section away from the face and towards the face), leaving ends out for a "messier" texture. Front sections of hair should be curled away from the face.
4. Tousle curls after they have cooled.
5. Part hair to the side, so that it hangs just slightly in front of face, and finish by adding 1 to 2 pumps of NEW Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil, which adds weightless shine, over the surface of dry hair for a radiant look.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Nicole Richie's New Cut: All the Styling Details