Happy Endings is almost back! (And when we say almost, we mean ABC won't be bringing the cult hit comedy back until October! Groan.)
To pass the time until our favorite sextet is on the air again, we thought we'd help the writers of Happy Endings by offering up a few wacky, yet totally plausible, situations that the group could find themselves in this season.
1. Megan Mullally returns! The Will & Grace alum has made the rounds on TV over the last few years, but her turn as Penny's mother on Happy was particularly hilarious. Case in point: Penny (Casey Wilson) and Dana warmed our hearts by singing out their angry thoughts. This time around, we'd love to see the pair duet on Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" — though they'd sing "girl, you're ah-mah-zing," natch.
2. McKayla needs to be impressed! Gabby Douglas wasn't the only U.S. Olympic gymnast to get love from a TV show this year. After the photo of McKayla Maroney begrudgingly accepting the silver medal went viral, the ABC comedy posted a series of Season 2 photos in which McKayla was digitally added and exclaimed that she's "not impressed" by Max (Adam Pally). Naturally, we hope Max gets a chance to wow the gymnast somehow. Maybe she likes Mandonna?
3. The Avengers unite! While Happy Endings isn't doing a full-on Halloween episode this year — and we've already seen a photo of the gang dressed as Jackson 5 — we still hope the writers will capitalize on the success of The Avengers by finding a way for Dave (Zachary Knighton) & Co. to emulate the Marvel superheroes. For the record, Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) is Thor, Penny is Iron Man, Jane (Eliza Coupe) is Black Widow, Brad (Damon Wayans Jr.) is Hawkeye, Dave is Captain America and Max is definitely the Hulk. You're welcome.
4. Interventions are all the rage! The V-neck intervention — or interveention — was one of the more clever storylines from the second season. Since we all know Dave can't handle when the gang tells him not to do something, we'd love to see Penny, Max, Brad and Jane sit him and Alex down to express their disdain with how grossly romantic their new relationship is. You know they'll be begging the duo to keep it in their pants soon enough.
5. The Kerkovichs! As we previously reported, Jane and Alex's parents are coming to town. Considering Happy Endings has pretty much succeeded Friends as the young ensemble comedy, we'd love to see funny lady Lisa Kudrow step into the role of their mother, while Denis Leary would be perfect as their father. Right?
Happy Endings returns for Season 3 on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 9/8c on ABC.
Related Articles on TVGuide.com