Looking for a no-fail guacamole recipe for the game? Beyonce, who will perform during the Super Bowl halftime, shared her favorite formula and all the ingredients are easy to find:
- 2 ripe avocados (make sure they are a bit soft to the touch)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic (you can use a small amount of crushed garlic)
- 1 small tomato
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn chip scoops
- Peel avocados and remove the pit
- Smash with a spoon in a large bowl
- Add onion, garlic and tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper
- Mix it well
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Fill corn chips scoops with guacamole and enjoy.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook Featuring Favorite Childhood Recipes by Over 50 Celebrities by Nick Katsoris. Copyright (c) 2011 by NK Publications, Inc. Proceeds benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Chefs for Humanity.