This Aussie hunk's career got a huge boost when James Cameron cast him to play the lead role in his 2009 megahit Avatar. In the upcoming thriller Man on a Ledge, he plays an ex-cop and wanted fugitive who literally teeters on the ledge of a high-rise building while a police negotiator tries to talk him down. Here are five things you probably don't know about Sam Worthington.
1. Born August 2, 1976 in southeastern England, he moved to Perth, Australia when he was six months old.
2. Sold all his possessions to pursue a career in Hollywood, and says he's been living in hotels and crashing at friends' houses ever since. He recently said he actually likes being a "gypsy" and has no plans to settle down and buy a permanent home anytime soon.
3. Made his Hollywood acting debut in 2000 in the military action series JAG.
4. Was a finalist to play James Bond in the 2006 film Casino Royale before Daniel Craig was cast.
5. Worked as a bricklayer before becoming an actor.