So much for that reconciliation. Lindsay Lohan's oftentimes estranged father Michael says in a new interview that he believes his famous daughter's use of prescription pills that "she doesn't need" are negatively affecting her acting abilities. "I have to say this … on 'SNL,' Lindsay was not using any illicit drugs or drinking, but she still is on prescription drugs that they gave her," Michael told CelebrityVIPLounge.com. Although he would not disclose the exact drugs Lindsay is on, court documents from 2010 revealed that at the time she was taking anti-depressants Zoloft and Trazodone, attention deficit medication Adderall, and the super-strength painkiller Dilaudid for her previous dental issues. "The meds that they give her are meds that they say she needs, but she doesn't need them. But they kind of make her flat. She's not acting at a full potential. It's like the screen is down over her."
So when he heard that she had scored a guest role on "Glee" — playing herself — he suggested to her that she give up her habit, which he claims she did for a few days. "I said, 'Linds, get off the damn medication and let people see who you really are," Michael, 52, adds. "And there were tears in my eyes when I watched 'Glee.' That was Lindsay. Yeah, that was her acting. That is Lindsay Lohan at the 'Parent Trap,' 'Freaky Friday,' and 'Mean Girls' potential. That is what she was."
Of course, that is her father's opinion. After Lindsay's May 15 "Glee" episode aired, critics were not as flattering. The Examiner called her performance "entertaining, but annoying," while the New York Daily News described it as "Lohan's whole appearance had a casual feel." The Washington Post's Jen Chaney complained, "Honestly, I spent more minutes reading about how Lohan allegedly showed up late to the 'Glee' set than I did actually watching her on 'Glee.'"
Although Lindsay, 26, has mostly been estranged from her father for years, he was by her side in April when she allegedly got into a fight at The Standard in West Hollywood after a female partygoer asked why she was at a nightclub with her fame-seeking father, who has had multiple run-ins with the law in recent months after violating a restraining order against his former fiancee. According to a report, the remark prompted Lindsay to storm over to the table and scream, "Shut the f--k up!" The woman's response? She threw her drink at the star, soaking her with alcohol — and that's when Michael dragged Lindsay out of the club.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!
- 'Lost' Star Slams Matthew Fox
- Blake Lively: 'Gossip Girl' Is Not My Best Work
- Grant Bowler 'Thrilled' To Join Lindsay Lohan In Liz & Dick As Richard Burton
We apologize. An error has occurred. Please try again.
Most Popular Stories
- Cynthia Nixon Marries Girlfriend … HollywoodLife.com - Mon, May 28, 2012 8:04 AM PDT
- Grant Bowler Cast as Richard Burton … Us Weekly - Fri, May 25, 2012 8:37 AM PDT
- Justin Bieber wanted for … AP - Mon, May 28, 2012 6:24 AM PDT
- Elvis Presley crypt up for auction … AP - Mon, May 28, 2012 2:35 AM PDT
- Justin Bieber accused of battering … Reuters - Mon, May 28, 2012 4:13 PM PDT
- Blake Lively: 'Gossip Girl' Is Not … Crush: Hollywood's Next Generation - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
- Chris Brown Lists West Hollywood … Jam: Spotlight on Music Stars - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
- Madonna Covers Lady Gaga's 'Born … Jam: Spotlight on Music Stars - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
- Bethenny Frankel Reveals New $4.9 … Goddess: Celebrity Moms and Dads - 3 hours ago
- Hairstyles to Hide Your Flaws The Thread on omg! - 5 hours ago
Kathleen • Santa Monica, United States •
- Jessica Biel Talks About Her Engagement to Justin Timberlake, Including Ring and Dress Details
- Antonio Banderas, Other Famous Leading Men Open Up About Growing Old
- Kim Kardashian Steals Gwyneth Paltrow's Style at Cannes Party
- Maria Menounos: 'I Gained About Six Pounds' on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Miranda Lambert: 'It's OK to Be Fat and Lazy Sometimes'
- Richard Simmons Talks Howard Stern, Flammable Shorts, and Feeling Like Patty Hearst
- Blake Lively: 'Gossip Girl' Is Not My Best Work
- Miley Cyrus Hangs With Her Puppy By Day, Famous Family By Night
- Zac Efron 'Was in His Underwear Half the Time' for New Movie Role
- Bethenny Frankel Reveals New $4.9 Million Home in 'Bethenny Ever After' Finale, Remains Mum on …
- 'Blossom' Star Jenna von Oy Welcomes a Daughter, Gives Her a Colorful Name
- Denise Richards: 'I'm a Very Forgiving Person'
- Chris Brown Lists West Hollywood Condo for $1.89 Million
- Madonna Covers Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way,' Reignites Feud Between Them
- John Mayer: I Used Erotic Bestseller 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to Pick Up a Woman
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan's Low-Key Honeymoon: Sightseeing and Romantic Strolls
- Sofia Vergara Celebrates Her Return to Singledom With a Fabulous Vacation
- Ashley Olsen Shows Off Body in Tiny Bikini
- Keira Knightley Shows Off Engagement Ring
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Turns 6: Her Hand-Me-Down Style
- Bollywood Star Stuns at Cannes Following Baby-Weight Criticism
1 - 4 of 20
YAHOO! CONTRIBUTOR NETWORK
- Will Francesca Eastwood's Purse Prank Be Her Kim Kardashian Sex Tape?
- Bruce Willis Not Impressed with His Acting: A Look at His Best Characters
- Fergie and Other Stars Who Have Been Flaunting Bikini Bodies This Year
- Best Dressed from the Last Half of the 2012 Cannes Film Festival
- Kris Allen and Other 'American Idol' Contestants that Slammed the Show