Needless to say, there were anatomy jokes aplenty (like "breast-taking") during NBC's "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit: 50 Years of Beautiful" special on Monday night. But viewers at home enjoyed their own LOLs.
Hosted by Heidi Klum, the two-hour special ticked through the top covers in the mag's five-decade history with each cover model going up to accept her prize and give a speech — like it was Oscar night or something. And some of the top musical talent ushered the night along, including John Legend (whose wife, Chrissy Teigen, is an SI Swimsuit gal herself) and Tim McGraw.
Klum, who's newly single since her split with her bodyguard beau, looked as glam as usual and, again, displayed her playful side, especially during a bit involving Kate Upton, during which the German beauty's inner thoughts were broadcast. So what was she thinking about? Well, um, 21-year-old Upton's… eyes.
Now, without further ado, the top five cover models:
5. Heidi Klum (1998): Did you think she'd really host if she didn't make the top five? Her cover, in which she wore a black and white crocheted one-piece, made the list.
4. Christie Brinkley (1980): The iconic blonde donned a white string bikini for the shoot in the British Virgin Islands. Can you believe she's now 60?
3. Tyra Banks (1997): The "American's Next Top Model" guru was celebrated for her iconic red and white polka dot bikini cover, shot in the Bahamas, which was the first time a black woman graced the mag cover.
2. Kate Upton (2013): The newbie, who appeared on back to back covers in 2012 and 2013, was celebrated for her chilly shoot in Antarctica.
1. Kathy Ireland (1989): The three-time cover model's Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, shoot in the late '80s — during which she posed in an itty bitty yellow bikini — took the top prize.
However, we must admit that our favorite part of the telecast were the people at home staring at those tiny waists and then … putting on blast what they were eating while watching the show. Here were five real winners from the "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit: 50 Years of Beautiful" broadcast:
And as a bonus: