What to Read Next

Sandra Bullock's House Broken Into While She Was Home

Breanne L. Heldman
Yahoo Celebrity
June 10, 2014

Sandra Bullock's home (PacificCoastNews.com/Getty Images)
View photos
Sandra Bullock's home (PacificCoastNews.com/Getty Images)

UPDATE: Joshua James Corbett has been charged with one felony count each of first-degree residential burglary, stalking, and possession of a machine gun stemming from his June 8 arrest after he broke into Sandra Bullock's home.

The defendant is expected to be arraigned today. Prosecutors have recommended that his bail be set at $185,000.

If convicted as charged, the defendant faces a maximum state prison sentence of seven years and four months. The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.


After a glorious Saturday evening, Sandra Bullock didn't have such a great Sunday morning.

The actress, who accepted the Decade of Hotness honor at Spike TV's Guys Choice Awards, woke up to find that her house had been broken into in the wee hours, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to The Insider With Yahoo. Bullock, 49, was home at the time but was unharmed.

The Oscar winner's rep repeated the news in an official statement: "An intruder was arrested on [her] property this morning. She is unharmed and is fine," they told People.

According to the Today show, Bullock's four-year-old son, Louis, was also home at the time and, thankfully, was also fine.

Officers responded to the call around 6:30 a.m. and a male suspect in his late 30s was taken into custody for questioning. Joshua James Corbett, 39, was later booked for residential burglary, a felony, with bail set for $50,000. Law enforcement also told Today that the man may have had an obessession with Bullock and kept a diary on her.

Bullock has faced several other stalker situations throughout the years, most notably in 2007, when a fan attempted to run over her husband at the time, Jesse James, with her car.

(Originally published on June 8, 2014, at 10:20 a.m. PT)