Philip Seymour Hoffman Died From Mix of Heroin, Cocaine, Other Drugs

Taryn Ryder
Yahoo Celebrity

Philip Seymour Hoffman's autopsy results are in: The Oscar-winning actor died of of an accidental overdose.
The New York City medical examiner's office revealed on Friday that the toxic mix of drugs included heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepine, and amphetamine.
Benzodiazepine is commonly used to treat anxiety or insomnia, while amphetamine is found in "uppers," like Adderall. Both are extremely addictive.
Hoffman was found dead with a needle in his arm in his West Village apartment in New York City on Feb. 2.

Investigators discovered 70 bags of heroin, several bottles of prescription drugs, and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup inside his home.
Two weeks ago, Hoffman's will was revealed, which included one interesting final wish. The actor did not want his son, Cooper, to grow up in Hollywood.
In the document, signed in October 2004, Hoffman asked that his then-only child grow up in one of three cities: New York, Chicago, or San Francisco.
Hoffman left most of his fortune to the mother of his three children, Marianne "Mimi" O'Donnell. He also set up a trust for Cooper, now 10, to be used for "education, support, health and maintenance."
The late actor also had two daughters with O'Donnell: Tallulah, 7, and Willa, 5.