It may be customary to toast after claiming a prize like an Academy Award, but in Hollywood the celebrating starts much earlier.
Oscar week is packed with some high-profile events, where nominees and their famous supporters will schmooze and sip. Here are a few that omg! is especially looking forward to:
- Remembering Liz: Jeweler Bulgari won back eight of its stunning pieces that once belonged to Elizabeth Taylor. Having acquired the jewels from her estate auction, they'll celebrate the late legendary actress with a special exhibition Tuesday that's got RSVPs from Julianne Moore, Kirsten Dunst, and Drew Barrymore.
- Full Chairs at Full Tables: The movie may have been gut-wrenchingly sad, but the filmmakers and stars of "Les Misérables" are rallying for cocktails on Wednesday. West Hollywood's Eveleigh will play host with Vanity Fair, part of their weeklong "Campaign Hollywood," and Chrysler. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway will attend the fete, which also serves as a benefit for the Los Angeles Fund for Public Education.
- Fun and Games: Each year Haiti relief group Artists for Peace and Justice partner with domino enthusiast and social butterfly Daya Fernandez for "Hollywood Domino," a fundraiser that brings the old school glam of Havana to the Sunset Tower Hotel on Thursday. Gerard Butler, Donna Karan, Adrien Brody, Moby, Ali Larter, and others are on the list.
- Girls Night: Non-profit Women In Film hosts an annual cocktail party to applaud the efforts of lady filmmakers. WIF president Cathy Schulman will welcome Oscar winner Octavia Spencer and a slew of others to West Hollywood eatery Fig & Olive on Friday. They're coming for solidarity, but staying for the epic gift bag -- this year's includes MAC cosmetics hand-selected by makeup artist Tami Lane (a nominee this year) and a bottle of Perrier-Jouët bubbly.
- The Artist: Legendary photographer Mario Testino will offer a sneak peek of his forthcoming exhibition at L.A.'s glossy Prism gallery on Saturday. A combination of portraits and landscapes, the event should draw a major bold-named crowd. Who hasn't Testino shot in Hollywood?
- Piano Man: The Elton John AIDS Foundation once again builds over West Hollywood Park for founder Elton and husband David Furnish's Sunday viewing party. Chelsea Handler, Kim Kardashian, Sean Penn, Rashida Jones, and Heidi Klum are some of the celebs who will show in their Oscar best.
- Gold Standard: It's the afterparty. Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter will greet Oscar's big winners, a bevy of movie stars as well as luminaries from Wall Street, Silicon Valley, the fashion district, and beyond at the Sunset Tower Hotel.
More Features On Yahoo!:
- Oscar Week Lands with Buzz, Beauty
- Rihanna Injured in Attack by Fan Reportedly Upset About Chris Brown Relationship
- Why Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Don't Like Date Night