Though Jennifer Aniston will be tying the knot soon (very soon, we think!) and has been dating the groom for more than two years, few folks seem to know much about Justin Theroux, the man who'll soon be husband to one of Hollywood's most famous women.
Here are five facts we dug up about the future Mr. Aniston.
1. They reconnected on the set of “Wanderlust,” but started dating after the film wrapped. Filming the comedy in a remote section of northern Georgia in 2010, Aniston and Theroux, who had known each other previously, reconnected. After production concluded – and he ended a relationship with his live-in girlfriend, makeup artist Heidi Bivens (sound like a familiar scenario?) – Aniston, 44, and Theroux, 41, started dating in May 2011. "Nothing happened on that movie,” the former “Friends” star clarified to “Good Morning America” in response to reports that their relationship started on the set. “That’s what is a rumor. It’s the easy rumor. But nothing happened. We were just friends, great friends, on the movie.” She added: "I’ve known Justin for a long time. … We met when he was shooting ‘Tropic Thunder.’” The couple got engaged in New York last August, on Theroux's 41st birthday.
2. He's more famous as a screenwriter. Theroux made his film debut in 1996’s “I Shot Andy Warhol” and he went on to appear in small roles in both comedies (“Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion” and “Zoolander”) and dramas (“American Psycho”). Twice he worked with David Lynch, appearing in “Inland Empire” and “Mulholland Drive.” However, much of his success comes from his behind-the-scenes work as a screenwriter. He's penned the scripts for blockbusters like “Iron Man 2,” and “Tropic Thunder” as well as not-as-successful flicks like "Rock of Ages." Last summer it was announced he had been hired to rewrite and direct "Swear to God," which will star Will Ferrell and Steve Carell. He's also writing and directing 2014's "Zoolander 2."
3. He turned down an opportunity to appear on “Friends.” Could he have been Ross to Aniston’s Rachel? Maybe. Theroux passed on the opportunity to screen-test for the “Friends” pilot. In a 2004 interview with Entertainment Weekly, he said, ''Who wouldn't want to be a bazillionaire, but I don't really regret it.''
4. He trashed a hotel room – but he was paid to! Long before Charlie Sheen’s Plaza Hotel shenanigans made headlines, Theroux had a similar experience – but all in the name of art. In 2003, Aniston’s love appeared in the video for Muse’s song “Hysteria.” In a darker turn, Theroux played a man who wakes up in a trashed hotel room and has to put together the pieces from the night before. As the video progresses, viewers see that it involved an encounter with a prostitute that led to a raging fight in which he smashed everything in sight. Don't worry, Jen, it was only fiction.
5. He has mad breaking dancing skills. During an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” earlier this year, Theroux told a funny story about how Aniston watched his 2001 movie “Zoolander,” in which he breakdances, and became “obsessed” with getting him to show her his moves. After telling the humorous story, Theroux then showed off some of his skills for the audience – and he was great. He's even willing to go up against other celebs with fancy feet. Julianne Hough recently told omg! about how she challenged Theroux to a breakdance contest at a party at DeGeneres' home. "Jen and Ryan [Seacrest] were just watching us like, ‘What is happening?’” Perhaps he’ll do it again at their wedding reception ... we're just dying to know when exactly that will be!
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Jennifer Aniston's Wedding Dress: Style Experts' Predictions
- Jennifer Aniston's Romantic Timeline
- The Priciest Celeb Homes on the Market This Year