Things have gone from bad to worse in the ongoing drama that is Charlie Sheen and ex-wife Brooke Mueller's custody battle over 4-year-old twin sons Bob and Max.
On Monday, a judge rejected Mueller's temporary restraining order request against Sheen, in which she claimed the "Anger Management" star threatened her life last week, TMZ reports. According to the site, Mueller, 36, says she believes Sheen is attempting to sabotage her current sobriety, raising a fear that he will plant drugs on her, and cites one of the 48-year-old actor's recent tirades in which he said, "There will be a reckoning," in reference to his quest for full custody of their sons, continuing, "I will, I will, I will, I will empty my entire war chest and if I can’t get it done, I know a guy who can."
However, the judge overseeing the case denied the emergency request and instead set a hearing for next month requiring Mueller to make the request in person.
Her ex-husband’s reaction to the current state of affairs has been anything but civil.
After the judge's ruling, Sheen tweeted, "Oh, by the way, nice try this morning Brooke. you are a chubby weirdo who will lose at every turn trying to get between me and my boys. c"
But that was tame compared to his follow-up.
happy Bday Brookewhen you're done sucking off the parking lot at Home Depotwhy don't ya 'blow'out this candle.c http://t.co/sw1K4LI7BS— Charlie Sheen (@charliesheen) November 5, 2013
In a statement to omg! DCFS said they were legally prohibited from "denying or confirming that a case exists, as well as from disclosing any case specific information regarding any of our clients, celebrity or otherwise," adding, "State statutes have been established to protect children, parents, and their families from having sensitive allegations aired in the public creating an additional unwanted burden. When our agency receives a call to our Child Protection Hotline, social workers investigate, if appropriate, assess the situation as it relates to child safety and take all necessary precautions to safeguard the well-being of the child."
The fraying interactions between Max and Bob’s parents could not come at a worse time. The situation is even more difficult because the twins' current temporary caregiver, Charlie Sheen's other ex-wife Denise Richards, has written a letter to the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services stating that she can no longer have them under her supervision.
According to the papers obtained by omg!, Richards, 42, says the boys have intense mood swings, made worse after visits with their mother, that result in violent outbursts against the actress, her daughters, Sam Sheen, 9, Lola Sheen, 8, and Eloise Richards, 2, and the family's pets.
The actress alleges that the boys enter a "zombie like state" when being violent and have "strangled, kicked in the head and stomach, scratched, bit, slapped, punched in the face and head, and spit on" not only her and Sheen’s children, but also Richards herself and members of her household staff as well as their teachers and playmates. She says that repeated attempts to get them psychological help have been rejected by Mueller.
"It's become unsafe in my home at times with their behavior. I can’t risk anything happening to my daughters or anyone else in my home. For that I have to step aside at this time."
TMZ also reports Richards submitted a visitation log for Sheen detailing his close interaction with all of his children and vouching for his involvement as a dad. In the document, Richards records 12 meetings between the actor and his kids in a month's time, participating in all manner of activities, including dinners, school field trips and projects, drum lessons for Bob and Max, trick or treating and bedtimes.
Right now, it sounds like there are no winners in this situation. Especially Bob and Max. Here's hoping they figure out a solution for their family soon.
This story was originally published at 5:14 p.m. PT on Nov. 5.