As upbeat, socially conscious Zoey Johnson on Black-ish, Yara Shahidi sports some of the best looks in primetime.
Her locks are equally statement-worthy. She’s spent the past 12 months leaving her tresses alone, drying them with a gentle diffuser.
“I love my hair when it’s curly and huge. I tend to have a natural moptop when I do my hair, and I fully embrace it. I’ve done a year of no heat. It’s just helped so much. After all that effort, you have no choice but to take care of your hair,” she tells Yahoo Style.
She feels her best “when I’m listening to music and dancing, and when I’m asleep — because this is some great sleep.”
Below are three of her standout onscreen moments.
Read more from Yahoo Beauty + Style:
- Jessica Chastain’s Fairy-Tale Fashion Moment Isn’t What You Think
- In ‘Big Little Lies,’ Nicole Kidman Learned How to Cover Her Bruises on Camera
- Every College Accepted Her: ‘Black-ish’ Star Yara Shahidi Is Hollywood‘s Most Stylish History Nerd
- Scarlett Johansson Is ‘Incredibly Proud’ to Show Her Daughter She’s a Working Mom
- Actress Joey King’s KFC Prom Corsage Has to Be Smelled to Be Believed