There can never be enough Prince stories dotting our cultural topography, and here’s another good one. Speaking to a local news station in Minneapolis, Kim Berry, Prince’s hairstylist for nearly 30 years, recalled that after his 1999 tour, the singer asked for a massive haircut. Berry was confused. It had taken quite a while for Prince to grow out his hair — a big chop seemed counterintuitive. But Prince being Prince delivered his reasoning with unparalleled clarity: “No, I just want it because it looks good playing the guitar,” he said. “But I’m over it.”
We lost a great man last April.
- When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
- Tess Holliday Says She’s Boycotting Uber After a Driver Kept Discussing Her Weight
- So Sarah Palin, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent Walk Into the White House
- Malia Obama’s ‘Longtime Stalker’ Reported to Police
- Larry David’s Daughter Is a Misanthrope for the Instagram Age