There are rumors flying around the Chinese microblogging site Weibo that an American pop star is dating “a middle-aged Chinese tech tycoon,” according to Shanghaiist. Naturally, fans have decided that the rumors are about Taylor Swift and 52-year-old CEO Charles Zhang, the founder of Internet company Sohu. Zhang held a livestream Friday to clear up the matter, although it’s not clear if his statements just made things worse or what. He had a real Mariah Carey moment when he denied even knowing who Taylor Swift is, and then declared, “It’s just a rumor. I have no interest in foreign women.” That went over with fans about as well as you’d expect.
- Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
- When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
- Why Are All the Gays Still Obsessed With Big Little Lies?
- Married Man Fakes Airport Hijacking to Get Out of Trip With Online Girlfriend
- Girlboss Will Make You Nostalgic, But Maybe Not in a Good Way