When Pitbull isn’t making music or shaving his goatee into the perfect tiny triangle, he’s a supporter of charter schools. So here’s a collaboration that we actually probably should’ve seen coming: Betsy DeVos.
Pitbull (né Armando Christian Pérez) founded the Sports Leadership And Management Academy (SLAM) — a public charter school for grades six through 12 — in Miami back in 2013. At the time, he told NPR, “They’re already labeling me ‘Mr. Education.’”
On Thursday, DeVos — secretary of Education and America’s foremost charter-school enthusiast — paid a visit to SLAM.
According to Education Week, SLAM’s middle- and high-school divisions both received a C grade from the Florida Department of Education’s accountability rating system.
- Jared Kushner Spotted Wearing Incredibly Chill Name Tag During Iraq Visit
- Ivanka Trump’s Neighbor Watched People Protest Her While Sipping a Glass of Wine
- Of Course Donald Trump Doesn’t Think Bill O’Reilly Did Anything Wrong
- Twitter Is Not Happy About Pepsi’s Terrible Kendall Jenner Protest Ad
- Lindsay Lohan Is Now a Burkini Model