It was August 2016: Summer was in full swing, and so was Orlando Bloom’s penis. For a moment in time, it dominated the news cycle after paparazzi caught him paddleboarding naked with then-girlfriend Katy Perry off the coast of Sardinia. (Were we ever so young?)
The world has since moved on from dong-gate, but a new profile of Bloom in Elle UK asks the actor to reflect on that one thing every man must face in his lifetime: a nude-paddleboarding scandal.
Calling the reaction to it “extremely surprising,” he adds, “I wouldn’t have put myself in that position if I’d thought it would happen.”
“I’ve been photographed a million times in a million different ways. I have a good radar. We’d been completely alone for five days. Nothing around us. There was no way anyone could get anything. So I had a moment of feeling free.
Looking back at this, it’s important to remember one thing: Never judge a man until you’ve traveled a mile nude on his paddleboard.
- Missouri Lawmakers Joke That Women Who Want Abortions Should Get Them at the Zoo
- Janet Jackson Leaves Husband Just Months After Having a Baby
- Ad-World Insiders on How the Hell That Pepsi Ad Got Made
- The Divorced Flight Attendant Wary of the Pilot Cliché
- The Case Against Showing Your Porn to Your Partner