2016 has been the year of bizarre beauty challenges, like the 100 layers, no brush, Dollar Tree makeup, high school makeup, and highlighter challenges, and the internet can't seem to get enough. Especially since the crazier the challenge, the
better more viral it is. For a hot minute there, I thought the 100 layers challenge was going to take the cake as the most cray makeup challenge to ever exist, but recently I was proven wrong.
Enter the #FaceFullOfFoodChallenge. Created by makeup artist Raychel Newton, this tutorial is hands down the winner of batshit beauty challenges. During the step-by-step video, Newton shows her 15,000 Instagram followers how to do a full face of makeup using only food from a pantry (WHA??), which since been viewed over 26,000 times.
Newton's caption that accompanies her food-filled how-to on Instagram reads: "Lol this is a bit ridiculous but hilariously fun!! I challenge all my friends, you guys, to go out and try this #makeupchallenge for the holidays! 😂😂" She also added this disclaimer at the end, "attempt at your own risk. Try products on skin before use on face."
ICYMI, this is a full food breakdown of exactly how she used each item:
- Cacao powder to fill in her brows
- Cacao powder combined with lucuma powder as eye shadow
- Butter to prime underneath her brow bone
- Honey to prime her eyelids
- Cheese powder to layer on top of honey to prime her eyelids
- Flour to bake her face makeup
- Snickers Bar to contour her cheekbones and nose
- Red gelatin powder as blush
- Raw beets as a lip stain
- Coconut oil as a lip gloss to enhance her lip stain
- Burnt tips of coconut husk as eyelash glue for her lashes
If you're both grossed out and fascinated after watching this, same, girl, same. TBH, this girl deserves props because her final food glam is flawless.
I'm dying to see if any other beauty bloggers will partake in Newton's #FaceFullOfFoodChallenge. If this becomes a trend, the world of beauty has officially lost its mind - and I'm here for all of it.
Get non-boring fashion and beauty news directly in your feed. Follow Facebook.com/CosmoBeauty.
You Might Also Like