Father John Misty, né Josh Tillman, is known as much for his musical career as he is for his trolling – whether it’s releasing a cover of Ryan Adams’ cover of Taylor Swift’s 1989 in the style of the Velvet Underground, or claiming to steal Amanda Chantal Bacon’s rose quartz crystal from Moon Juice.
Most recently, Tillman hung out with comedian Patton Oswalt for the first time as part of T Magazine’s “Perfect Strangers” column and, among other subjects discussed, said that he’s painted his balls before. On the one ball, the anecdote seems a little staged, but on the other, it does genuinely sound like something he would share within minutes of meeting someone.
You know [director Alejandro] Jodorowsky’s whole “psychomagic” thing? He has all these prescriptive rituals for people, and the one for men who are experiencing spiritual impotence is: Paint your balls red. And I’ve done this. Wet paint, underwear, pants, and then just walk around all day knowing your balls are painted red. It’s like a life hack.
- Jared Kushner Spotted Wearing Incredibly Chill Name Tag During Iraq Visit
- Ivanka Trump’s Neighbor Watched People Protest Her While Sipping a Glass of Wine
- Of Course Donald Trump Doesn’t Think Bill O’Reilly Did Anything Wrong
- CNN’s Jake Tapper on Protein Shakes, Stress, and Getting Diet Advice From Paul Rudd
- Twitter Is Not Happy About Pepsi’s Terrible Kendall Jenner Protest Ad