We are obsessed with Priyanka Chopra’s kick-ass character, Alex Parrish, on ABC’s Quantico. She’s intelligent, fearless, and sexy! While we can’t get enough of her small-screen glamour (those lush brunette locks and that nude lip are all the reasons we need to tune in), Chopra’s red-carpet beauty is just as captivating.
One of our favorite looks the 34-year-old recently wore had to be these bombshell lips. The bold, matte shade accentuated Chopra’s full pout and chestnut hair highlights. Matte lipstick is classic, yet it requires a bit of skill to achieve a seamless application. Watch the video above as makeup artist Alexis Williams demonstrates how to copy Chopra’s perfect matte red lips.
1. Brush brows up, then use light strokes to fill in and create a square shape. (Try the Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil.)
2. Use a small shadow brush to apply a champagne shimmer (Williams used Funny Girl from the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Amazonian Clay Palette) across lids and halfway below lower lids for an instantly eye-brightening effect.
3. Layer Smokeshow (a black brown) shadow from the same Tarte Palette at the outer corners and into the crease.
4. Create a thick, black line on the upper lashes with Dior Diorshow Art Pen.
5. For wispy, spider lashes, Williams applied Make Up For Ever Lash Show Impact false-eyelash strips. Wait at least 10 seconds once you’ve applied the lash glue to allow it to get tacky before placing falsies. Tweezers will help with placement. Swipe on a few coats of mascara for a standout flutter.
6. Outline and fill in lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Kiss ’N’ Tell to create a base for lipstick to adhere.
7. Swipe Stila Stay All Day Matte’ificent Lipstick in Bisou on top to complete this look.