Cara Delevingne’s new shaved head has freed her of hair and opened her eyes to the shackles of conventional beauty standards. The actress and Rimmel spokesmodel, who shaved her head for a new role in which she plays a cancer patient, took to Instagram to question the way that beauty is defined. Delevingne is just one in a number of celebrities questioning the statement of a bare face. She wrote:
It’s exhausting to be told what beauty should look like. I am tired of society defining beauty for us. Strip away the clothes, Wipe Off the make up, cut off the hair. Remove all the material possessions. Who are we? How are we defining beauty? What do we see as beautiful?
- I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.
- The Met Gala Exposed Just How Boring Corporate Fashion Has Become
- Lena Dunham Went From the Met Gala to the Emergency Room
- Court Rules Same-Sex Couples Can Sue Kim Davis for Refusing to Grant Them Marriage Licenses
- Ask Polly: My Ex-Friends Think I’m Selfish and Terrible!