Salad. Salade. Cold soup. Whatever you call the plate of leafy greens you’ve resigned yourself to eating at least once a day in the hopes of staving off death, it’s all for naught — because it may be the very thing that’s trying to kill you.
Earlier this week, a Maryland woman found a scorpion in a bag of spinach. Days before that, a dead bat was reportedly found in a bag of spring mix (RIP little guy). This is only a small sampling of the horror to befall pre-bagged mixed greens, which, you’ll see, goes way back.
From January 2017: “Woman finds brown frog in Coles packaged lettuce”
From February 2016: “Giant Spider Found Kickin’ It Inside Pre-Packaged Salad Mix”
From February 2015: “Woman says she found mouse in pre-packaged spinach”
From October 2012: “Woman shows WFTV live frog in unopened bag of lettuce”
Nothing is safe.
- What the San Bernardino Shooter’s Facebook Page Reveals About Domestic Violence
- Spring’s Hottest Look Is a Pair of Jeans That Shows Off Your Entire Bare Butt
- Talking to the Popular Girls, 20 Years Later
- Sheila Abdus-Salaam, First African-American Judge in New York’s Top Court, Found Dead in Hudson River
- The New York Post Has Come Up With Their Greatest Troll Yet