Looking for a grown-up way to wear glitter this holiday? Makeup artist Jackie Seabrooke turned out two cool-girl-approved looks for Cosmopolitan.com that are not only super-easy to execute, they're pretty AF too.
1. Major Bling Brow-To:
1. Ace your base. After you've applied your foundation and blush, use a pointed makeup brush dipped in a clear, water-based liquid, like Lit Clearly Liquid Glitter Base, and apply it directly underneath your brow, following your natural shape. Laying down this base gives the finely milled glitter you're about to put on something to adhere to, Jackie said.
2. Add that glitter, girl. With the same pointed brush, dip the tip of it into finely milled glitter and apply it over the clear liquid you painted on in step one. Jackie used Ben Nye's Sparklers Loose Glitter in "Silver Prism" here. (If you need to clear away any glitter that's fallen outside of the thin line, use a tightly packed brush to sweep away the misplaced glitter to do so.)
3. Repeat steps one and two on the other brow.
4. Layer on some mascara. Your go-to, obvi.
5. Swipe a light pink pop of color onto your lips. Try Burt's Bees Lipstick in "Iced Iris," which also has moisturizing beeswax, Moringa oil, and vitamin E.
6. Top your Cupid's bow with a touch of highlighter. For a pink champagne finish, try Glossier's Haloscope in "Quartz."
7. Line your lips with a deeper shade to create a slight ombré effect. Try Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in "Light Rosewood."
8. Pop some bubbly, because, girl, you're ready!
2. Super-Sparkly Cat-Eye Tutorial:
1. Top your eyelid with a neutral shadow that adds a subtle sheen. After your foundation is flawlessly applied, choose a base shadow that is close to your skin color and has a touch of shimmer to it.
2. Using a pointy makeup brush, carefully line your eye with creamy black liner. Starting at the center of your eye, gently drag the brush's tip toward the outer corner of your eye, winging it for a cat-eye effect. Jackie used Tarte's Tartiest Clay Paint Liner here. To nail this specific winged look, extend the inner liner out and down for a unique shape that instantly elongates your eye.
3. Lay down a clear liquid base and top it with glitter. Again, using Lit Clearly Liquid Glitter Base to give the glitter something to adhere to, line the skin underneath your lower lash line, extending the liquid out to a point to mimic the cat-eye shape. Follow with glitter, like Ben Nye's Sparklers Loose Glitter in "Silver Prism," applying it over the clear base. (If your eyes water or get red, just give them a second to calm down; however, if your under-eye skin becomes really red and itchy, gently wipe the glitter off immediately.)
4. Sweep on a berry lip. Try Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15.
5. Boom: You're a bombshell who's ready to party.
Need some more inspo for your upcoming holiday party? Click here.
Get non-boring fashion and beauty news directly in your feed. Follow Facebook.com/CosmoBeauty.
You Might Also Like