1. This scene would not have happened.
Instead, it would be a series of Snapchats.
2. This scene definitely still would have happened.
3. But his staff for sure would have leaked the president of the United States creeping on an innocent staffer to the Daily Mail.
4. Billy Mack's comeback would rely entirely on getting a liveFacebook video to go viral. British TRL is of no use to you.
5. Just Judy and John would be nude body doubles for Fifty Shades of Grey.
6. Sam would have been putting the social-media moves on Joanna months before the Christmas concert. I see you double-tapping all her photos, Sam.
7. Karen would have caught Snape emotionally cheating on her by spotting a text, not getting the wrong present. This scene still would have been just as heartbreaking though.
8. (I Hate Uncle) Jamie would have started using Duolingo to learn Portugese the moment he met Aurelia.
9. Colin would be messaging girls on Tinder before he even got off the plane in Wisconsin. The rest of his trip would proceed exactly the same, however.
10. Sam would not be able to run through the airport. Even though Love Actually filmed after 9/11, security has only gotten tighter, especially when flying from Europe to America. There's no way Sam would have been able to leap past the boarding pass scanner, passport control, the full-body scanner, and all the agents after the scanner.
11. There's no way the prime minister would be able to go quietly knocking on doors. Literally every paparazzo in London would have a video of him singing carols to little girls.
12. Hot Carl and Sarah might actually have gotten together. Her brother probably would have texted her constantly, not called, and it's a lot easier to ignore a text. Especially when you're faced with this:
13. The prime minister would not land at and walk through arrivals at a regular airport. Pretty sure this wasn't plausible in 2003 either.
14. Juliet would never find the wedding video tape Mark made featuring only her. Because it would be a mislabeled file buried deep within his computer. Also, LOL, VCRs.
15. Colin Firth would have a MacBook by now, thus preventing this scene from happening:
16. A bunch of public schools would not be able to put on a nativity play. Particularly one with lobsters and Spider-Man.
17. This would be on Twitter in literally two seconds.
18. The accompanying video of Joanna singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You" would get her on Ellen the next day and catapult her to Justin Bieber-level stardom. Sorry, Billy Mack.
Follow Alie on Twitter.
You Might Also Like