Beauty Benefits of Coconut Water for Skin and Hair
Well! delightfully, coconut water is not just a drink to give you a soothing and relaxing feeling on your beach holiday or in the scorching summer heat. But, this healthy and nutritious drink is fast emerging as the popular beverage choice for avid health conscious people around the world. Besides the innumerable health benefits of drinking coconut water, applying it has an amazing effect on the skin and hair. It provides you with a glowing and beautiful skin, and soft and shiny hair that you have always desired. So, take a look at a few amazing beauty benefits of this refreshing drink.
The Secret to a Healthy Skin
Leave aside drinking; the mere application of coconut water can make your skin glow instantly. It can even act as a natural moisturiser and keep pimples at bay.
- It brings an instant glow to your skin. For this, wash your face with coconut water every day. This will soon give you a glowing, smooth, and even-toned skin. Also, a pack of turmeric, coconut water, and red sandalwood paste will help you get a smooth and flawless complexion.
- As it is light in consistency, it can also be used as a natural moisturiser. It helps in reducing the oil and greasiness of the skin. It is highly recommended for people with oily skin.
- It can cure your sun tan as well. For this, apply a pack of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and coconut water daily. This natural face pack removes tan and dark spots, leaving your skin with a radiant glow.
- Washing your face daily with fresh coconut water can also help you to prevent blackheads, acne, blemishes and pimples that often take away your good night’s sleep.
- If you have a dry and dull skin, a splash of coconut water or a gentle dab of it can rehydrate your skin instantly. Besides this, coconut water is a fantastic hydrating alternative to water. Drinking it can cure dehydration, thereby keeping your skin soft and supple. It is this dehydration in the body which does not allow the excretion of body toxins, leading to several skin related ailments.
For your beautiful hair
Benefits of coconut on your dull and frizzy hair are umpteen. No! it is not the coconut oil that is being discussed here. It is fresh coconut water that can do wonders to your otherwise lifeless hair.
- It addresses the issue of hair loss by improving blood circulation in the scalp. And, it is this proper blood flow, which enhances the density of hair and strengthens the hair follicles preventing it from breakage.