WASHINGTON — President Trump’s upset November victory never seems to be far from the White House’s mind.
On Tuesday, Dan Scavino, the White House director of social media, celebrated the six-month anniversary of the election by tweeting a screen grab of the late night phone call in which Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton called to concede to Republican candidate Donald Trump. Scavino promised to share video of the conversation, which he said came via a Nov. 9 phone call at 2:30 a.m. from longtime Clinton aide Huma Abedin to Trump’s then-campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway.
— Dan Scavino Jr. (@DanScavino) May 9, 2017
Scavino did not respond to an email asking when he plans to reveal the clip. He posted the message on his personal account rather than his official White House Twitter page. Scavino has previously been attacked by Democrats for using his personal account to call for the defeat of a congressman who criticized Trump. Ethics laws bar government officials from using their position to influence elections.
Conway, who is now a counselor to the president, responded to Scavino on her personal account and suggested there were people who had not yet come to grips with Trump’s victory.
— Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) May 9, 2017
In a message to Yahoo News, Conway said she and Abedin connected before Clinton offered “congratulations AND concession” to Trump. But Conway rejected the notion that Trump’s team believes people need to be reminded of the election results.
“Aren’t you asking the wrong POTUS candidate/staff/movement?” Conway wrote.
Trump has previously used his own Twitter stream to accuse his political opponents of failing to accept defeat in the election. “The election is over!” Trump exclaimed last month. But he has also continued to sling Twitter barbs at Clinton and passed out maps of his election win during a recent Reuters interview.
A spokesperson for Clinton did not respond to a request for comment on this story.
Scavino’s tweet isn’t the Trump team’s only promise to share behind-the-scenes footage. On Tuesday, Trump’s campaign website was relaunched. In a press release, Trump’s campaign organization said the site would offer a “unique, behind the scenes view.” The announcement framed the website as a new salvo in Trump’s ongoing feud with the press.
“Providing a unique experience for online visitors, the website will include: facts the mainstream media is hiding about policy positions and actions by President Trump; compelling, never-before-seen photos from recent campaign rallies and events featuring President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence; news announcements from Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; and other materials that you won’t find anywhere else in the media,” the statement said.
Read more from Yahoo News: