Celebrity The Telegraph
Thomas Markle has said his daughter Meghan is struggling to cope with the burdens of royalty, and refuses to take his calls. He said he is worried the Duchess of Sussex is hiding the pressure of her new life behind a “pained” smile as she adjusts to her “prim” duties as wife of the fifth-in-line to the Throne. But he revealed she has not been in touch since a phone call after the Royal Wedding while he was recovering from the heart operation which caused him to miss her big day. He told the Sun on Sunday: “My thing about my daughter right now is that I think she is terrified. “I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now.” Thomas Markle, pictured here on Good Morning Britain in June, said his daughter had stopped taking his calls Credit: REUTERS/REUTERS He said that while her expression might be due to a “bad couple of days” it worried him, and led him to conclude she was under “too much pressure”. Adding that he could “die soon”, he said he wishes they would reconcile so he could tell her how proud he was - but she no longer answers her phone to him and staff at Kensington Palace will not return his texts. Mr Markle said: “I had a heart attack, doesn’t anybody care? I could actually die soon. Does she want this to be the last thing we’ve said to each other?” He said they pair had never gone so long without speaking, and that he wanted to clear the air and tell her how proud he is. Speaking from his seaside home in Rosarito in Mexico, the retired lighting director, 73, also offered an apology, saying: “If I had one message for her it would be that I’m sorry for anything that went wrong. I’d like to put our differences behind us and get together. I miss you very much.” Watch: Meet the Markles In early May Thomas Markle caused headlines around the world when it emerged he had colluded with a photographer to sell staged ‘paparazzi’ shots of his wedding preparations. After the scandal broke, Meghan is understood to have forgiven her father and his invitation to the Windsor ceremony was not withdrawn. But he developed chest pains on the day he was due to be driven to the airport and went instead to Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, ten miles over the US border, where surgeons installed stents to open his clogged arteries. Meghan's father watched the ceremony from his hospital bed Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA After watching the Prince of Wales walk his daughter down the aisle on television from his California hospital bed, he texted Meghan to tell her she looked beautiful. They discussed the wedding and he wished the couple a happy honeymoon. “That was the last call,” he told the newspaper. "The phone number I had been calling Meghan on is no longer picking up, and I don’t have an address for her. "I can send something to the palace, but there is no guarantee it would get to her. “I sent a text to my palace contact saying I would like to reach my daughter and got no reply.” Markle, who was reported paid £7,500 for a tell-all June interview with Good Morning Britain, said he wanted a father-daughter relationship, adding: “I took care of my mother the last five years of her life. "My daughter said to me she would take care of me in my declining years. I’m not talking about money - I’m talking about taking care of me.” On Saturday the Duchess of Sussex drew admiring glances at Wimbledon when she watched the ladies; singles final from the Royal Box with her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge.
Celebrity The Daily Beast
Prince William and Prince Charles both declined to meet with President Trump during his visit to the UK last week, according to The Sunday Times of London. Their apparent reluctance left Queen Elizabeth II as the lone member of the royal family to meet
Health Business Insider
From celebrity trainers working in the trendiest Manhattan gyms to the National Institute for Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis and US Army training exams, sit-ups are getting a bad reputation. Scientists have discovered that the moves, once a staple of basic workout routines, don't reduce waistline circumference or trim middle belly fat. Sit-ups are also not the best way to strengthen your core, and keep it flexible and strong for the long run. Earlier this week, the US Army announced that after decades of two-minute sit-up requirements, they're phasing out that portion of their fitness test by the end of 2020. Instead, the Army says it'll make room for some fitness tasks that are more useful
For at least the third time since July 2017, 69-year-old Nancy Lee Burks of Eureka was arrested on the morning of July 6 at her Maple Lane residence on suspicion of narcotics activity and less than three and a half hours later she was released from Humboldt County jail, according to courthouse records and three Humboldt County Sheriffs’ Office news releases on each arrest. Sgt. Jesse Taylor of the Humboldt County Drug Task Force - a team consisting of local law enforcement agency personnel who are overseen, but not run by, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office - said Burks is by no means the most egregious offender, biggest trafficker nor the only repeat offender the task force deals with, but she does locally exemplify some issues with some state laws.
Health The Charlotte Observer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a voluntary recall of several medications that contain the active ingredient valsartan, which is used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. “This recall is due to an impurity, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which was found in the recalled products, the FDA said in a statement Saturday. “However, not all products containing valsartan are being recalled.” Officials say NDMA is classified as a probable human carcinogen -a substance that could cause cancer. They said those findings are based on results from recent laboratory tests. The administration said the carcinogen’s presence is “thought to be related to changes in the way the active
World Business Insider
Elon Musk calls British diver from the Thai cave rescue a 'pedo guy' after he said Elon 'can stick his submarine where it hurts'
Elon Musk called British diver Vernon Unsworth a "pedo guy" in a thread of Twitter attacks on Sunday. Unsworth said Musk was asked to leave the cave "very quickly". Musk said he never saw Unsworth there.
U.S. Fox News
‘Pretty plane girl’ slams passenger for sharing ‘false’ viral ‘Plane bae’ story to Twitter without consent
An unidentified woman dubbed #PrettyPlaneGirl on Twitter has broken her silence on the “Plane bae” story, slamming two of her fellow Alaska Airlines passengers for photographing her and inventing a “false” narrative of a supposed romantic connection with a seatmate. The woman further claims the now-viral tale has led to much harassment both “online and in the real world.” "I did not ask for and do not seek attention. #PlaneBae is not a romance - it is a digital-age cautionary tale about privacy, identity, ethics and consent." - #PrettyPlaneGirl The story began on July 3, when a woman named Rosey Blair began tweeting photos and updates of a supposed “love story” that unfolded before her on her